(Central News Agency, Kyiv, 6th, comprehensive foreign news report) Ukraine accused Russia of ignoring Kyiv's ceasefire proposal and continuing battlefield attacks, airstrikes, and drone attacks today, with President Zelenskyy describing it as Moscow's "blatant rejection of peace."

According to Reuters, after Moscow leader Vladimir Putin proposed a ceasefire from May 8 to 9 to coincide with Russia's World War II Victory Day celebrations, Volodymyr Zelenskyy further responded by proposing a ceasefire starting from May 6.

Zelenskyy stated in a declaration that as of this morning, Russian forces had violated the ceasefire 1,820 times. Russia had not previously confirmed whether it would adhere to Ukraine's ceasefire suggestion.

Zelenskyy said: "Russia's choice is a blatant rejection of a ceasefire and saving lives."

Russia will hold its annual Victory Day parade in central Moscow this week, commemorating the victory over Nazi Germany, but its scale has been reduced due to heightened threats of Ukrainian attacks.

Zelenskyy said today that officials would decide on "further actions" in response to Russian attacks later today. He had previously stated that if the ceasefire was violated, Kyiv would take "symmetrical" actions.

The Russian Ministry of Defense warned on May 4 that if Ukrainian forces attack during the Victory Day celebrations, it would retaliate with "massive missile attacks" on the Ukrainian capital Kyiv. The Ministry of Defense stated: "We warn Kyiv residents and foreign diplomatic personnel to leave the city in time." (Editing: Ho Hung-ju) 1150506

FACT BOX

  • Source: CNA (Central News Agency)
  • Category: Taiwan