U.S. President Trump said on Friday (31st) that American forces will continue to launch fierce attacks on Iran until Tehran can no longer withstand them. He emphasized that the U.S. goal is to win the war and prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Speaking to the media during a cabinet meeting at Camp David in Maryland, Trump stated that the U.S. is making steady progress in the conflict and has exercised maximum restraint, but Iran's military capabilities are suffering devastating blows.

"We just want to win," Trump said, reiterating that the U.S. will not allow Iran to possess nuclear weapons and will continue strong attacks until Iran acknowledges it can no longer endure them.

Trump dismissed concerns that Iran still possesses strong resistance capabilities, stating that Iran's current situation is highly unfavorable and accusing Tehran of lacking sincerity during bilateral contacts.

Trump compared the current conflict to past U.S. wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan. He claimed that in just about five months since the U.S. became involved in the conflict with Iran, Iran's military capabilities have been severely degraded.

On negotiations, Trump admitted he is gradually losing trust in Iran, citing Tehran's repeated failure to honestly fulfill negotiation commitments.

Trump revealed that the U.S. and Iran had been negotiating, and while he was awaiting a progress report from U.S. envoy Weikoff, he first received a notification from Defense Secretary Hegseth that Iran had launched five missiles at a U.S. military base in Jordan.

Trump stated that the U.S. negotiation team includes Weikoff, advisor Kushner, Vice President Vance, and Secretary of State Rubio. He emphasized that the U.S. has sent an excellent negotiation team, but whether diplomatic engagement continues depends on Iran's future actions.

In recent weeks, the U.S. has conducted consecutive airstrikes on multiple targets inside Iran, with Washington stating these military actions are in response to Iran's attacks on commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz. Tehran has retaliated by attacking U.S. military facilities in several Persian Gulf countries, including a base in Jordan.

The U.S. and Iran signed a framework agreement in June under Pakistani mediation, aiming to end the war that erupted in February and lay the foundation for a long-term peace agreement. However, recent mutual attacks by both sides have placed the already fragile ceasefire and negotiation process under greater uncertainty.

FACT BOX

  • Source: PR Times
  • Category: News