Key News on US-Iran War
(Central News Agency, Ankara, July 8, Foreign News) After the US military launched a new round of airstrikes on Iran yesterday, US President Donald Trump warned Iran today that further strikes are highly likely tonight.
Reuters reported that Trump told reporters at a North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) summit in Ankara, the capital of Turkey, before meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy: "A small warning: we will hit them hard tonight."
Trump had earlier told reporters in Ankara that the memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the US and Iran, which served as a preliminary ceasefire agreement, was "over."
However, he did not explicitly state that the US would resume full-scale war, and it is also unclear whether negotiations between the US and Iran to convert the ceasefire agreement into a permanent one will continue.
Following the US airstrikes on Iranian targets in response to the attack on oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, Iran also announced that it had launched attacks on US military bases in Bahrain and Kuwait. This escalation of conflict has led to a surge in oil prices.
The resumption of fighting between the US and Iran has also heightened security concerns around the Strait of Hormuz. Ship data shows that at least 4 oil and gas transport ships have chosen to turn back rather than attempt to cross this critical transport route. (Compiled by Yang Zhaoyan) 1150708
Stand with facts, your every sponsorship is a force to protect press freedom.
Download the CNA "First-Hand News" APP to grasp the latest news in real-time.
This website's text, images, and videos may not be reproduced, publicly broadcast, publicly transmitted, or used without authorization.
FACT BOX
- Source: CNA (Central News Agency)
- Category: 國際軍事